Hope Floating Disc Rotor 200mm
Hope Floating Disc Rotor remschijf 200mm
The Hope Floating Disc is a float-mounted brake rotor, which is available in numerous diameters and colours. The floating design consists of two parts, an aluminium spider attached to the hub and the actual brake rotor made of stainless steel, which is in contact with the brake pads. When the disc heats up, it expands. However, since it is not rigidly connected to the Spider, but " floating" over riveted joints, it can expand and contract freely without exerting pressure on the Spider. This prevents distortion of the brake disc. Another advantage of floating rotors is their lower weight compared to standard brake discs.
The new design has a larger friction surface than the previous model, making it more compatible with other brake manufacturers. Suitable for all brake pads.
- Popular amongst both performance orientated riders and those just looking for something a little different
- New design with wider braking surface to make them more compatible with other companies brakes
- Custom steel braking surface riveted to an aluminium central carrier
- Available in: 200mm
- Floating design deals with changes in temperature
- Available in our three colour options
- Weight 180mm: 146g
Note: To give the aluminum spider room to expand when it is warm, the mounting points are a bit thicker than normal. As a result, there is a risk that the brake disc will hit the brakes. The mounting points protrude 1mm. The six mounting points have a diameter of 16 mm and are located 26.5 mm below the highest point of the braking surface.
There are no reviews written yet about this product..